in the News
NTxPCC - Newly Diagnosed program
Note: Effective immediately, the original source (and date, if available) will be quoted, even though the link may be to awareness and education websites such as ACS, Us TOO, Zero.
- Prostate Cancer Specialists
- Immunotherapy for men on Active Surveillance?
- More High-Risk PCa now in the US than Before
- Managing Emotions after Cancer Treatment
- PCIF: 2018 Patient Guide
- New drug approved for non-metastatic castration resistant PCa: Apalutamide (Erleada)
- FoundationOne CDx genetic/genomic test approved
- Is there a link between sugar and cancer?
- Obesity and Prostate Cancer
- Vitamin C and Cancer
- Hormone Therapy
- Vessel sparing IMRT
- What not to say to a cancer patient
- Number of Advanced Prostate Cancer Cases Soars: US Study
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic PCa as Medication
- Dr. Weber’s PCa Commentary, 2016 (DECIPHER)
- FDA approves generic Viagra
- FDA approves HIFU for ABLATION (only)
- Salvage prostatectomy after failed radiation treatment
- No more Gleason? New Grading System?
- Environment, Lifestyle and Cancer
- Repeat PSA test prior to biopsy
- 10 Tips to Cut Your Cancer Risk
- Vitamin D May Keep Low-Grade PCa from Becoming Aggressive
- Smokers are Twice at Risk of Recurring after Prostatectomy
- Active Surveillance Increasing in the US
- Nerve Sparing and Incontinence
- Did PSA Test’s Decline Spur Rise in PCA?
- AS in Intermediate Risk Patients Carries 4-Fold Mortality Risk
- Diets: Low Fat? Low Carb?
- The LANCET, Dec. 2014: European Trial after 13 years
- WebMD, Oct. 2014: High Cholesterol and Prostate Cancer Return
- Other ACS news articles:About Prostate Cancer
- Medical News Today:Prostate/Prostate Cancer News
- Other Us TOO news articles:Prostate Cancer News You Can Use
- Other ZERO news articles:ZEROHour Newsletter
The Us TOO Hotsheet is currently being switched to ZERO.
Please be patient.
This page contains older articles, sorted by category.
News is provided by reliable sources, including
Disclaimer: The following news articles are merely references and do not represent opinions, endorsements or recommendations for any treatment, service or action by any of the contributors to this website. For medical, legal or other advice please consult appropriate professionals of your choice.
Drugs Approved by FDA
for Prostate Cancer
- Abiraterone Acetate
- Casodex (Bicalutamide)
- Eligard (Leuprolide Acetate)
- Erleada (Apalutamide)
- Firmagon (Degarelix)
- Goserelin Acetate
- Jevtana (Cabazitaxel)
- Leuprolide Acetate
- Lupron Depot (Leuprolide Acetate)
- Lynparza (Olaparib)
- Mitoxantrone Hydrochloride
- Nilandron (Nilutamide)
- Nubeqa (Darolutamide)
- Orgovyx (Relugolix)
- Provenge (Sipuleucel-T)
- Radium 223 Dichloride
- Rubraca (Rucaparib Camsylate)
- Rucaparib Camsylate
- Taxotere (Docetaxel)
- Xofigo (Radium 223 Dichloride)
- Xtandi (Enzalutamide)
- Yonsa (Abiraterone Acetate)
- Zoladex (Goserelin Acetate)
- Zytiga (Abiraterone Acetate)
Prostate Cancer—Patient Version
Chemotherapy and You: Support for People With Cancer