- Combined speaker sessions for all support groups are now scheduled on the 2nd Monday of every month, 7 pm
- A link for each session will be provided a few days prior to the session by the respective host
- No preregistration is required and all DFW area support group attendees are welcome. Your support group leaders have agreed to collaborate on subsequent monthly combined Zoom sessions until in-person meeting restrictions are lifted
- Tom Dillon – Us TOO TH Presbyterian-Plano group leader
Neil Desai, MD
Andrew K. Lee, MD, MPH
Neil Desai, MD
Manoj Reddy, MD
Next Zoom Session
Session: May NTxPCC Joint Support Group
Tom Dillon is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Time : May 09, 2022 06:45 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID : 820 9637 8159
Passcode : 236405
Past speakers (2022)
- 4/11 – Manoj Reddy, MD
- 3/14 – Video (2022 ZERO Summit)
- 2/7 – Manoj Reddy, MD : Concierge Approach to Oncology
- 1/10 – Osama Mohamad, MD, PHD : A practical approach to radiotherapy in prostate cancer: the big picture
Past speakers (2021)
- 11/8 – Testosterone and Prostate Cancer-Is There a Link? (from salamanders to humans) (video)
- 9/13 – Neil Desai, MD : Ongoing prostate cancer radiation clinical trials at UTSW.
- 8/9 – Kevin Courtney, MD, PHD : reviewed the results from the recent 177Lu-PSMA trial using PSMA to deliver cancer killing drugs directly to prostate cancer cells.
- 7/12 – PSMA and Imaging for Prostate Cancer (Video)
- 6/14 – Bayer Nurse Educators : Discussion on Advanced Prostate Cancer
- 5/10 – Lance Walsh, MD, PhD : “Sexual Health for Men Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer”. Dr. Walsh is board certified in urology, treating a variety of conditions ranging from cancer of the genitourinary tract (kidney, prostate, bladder) to benign conditions including kidney stones, BPH, incontinence, erectile dysfunction, testosterone deficiency, and hematuria. Dr. Walsh specializes in minimally invasive and robotic assisted laparoscopic surgery using the latest techniques to help his patients. He is one of the only Urologists in Texas to perform both the HoLEP and UroLift procedures for BPH, utilize Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview for the detection of bladder cancer and operate on urinary stones with the Moses Laser.
- 4/12 – Andrew Y. Sun, MD : “A Conversation about Men’s Health”. Andrew Sun, MD is a fellowship trained urologist and expert in the fields of Male Fertility and Sexual Medicine, with a passion for helping men optimize their health and vitality. His medical practice focuses on men’s health issues such as erectile dysfunction, male infertility, Peyronie’s disease, voiding dysfunction and incontinence, vasectomy and vasectomy reversal, sexual and ejaculatory dysfunction, male hormone management, and prostate cancer survivorship.
- 2/8 – (Angie Clark) Pat Fulgham, MD, D.A.B.U., F.A.C.S : Cardiovascular Effects of Long-Term Androgen Deprivation Therapy. Dr. Pat Fulgham, MD is a Urology Specialist in Dallas, TX and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Fulgham has more experience with Urinary Conditions than other specialists in his area.
Past speakers (2020)
12/14 – (Gayle Wilkins) – Brad Nowlin Brad Nowlin led a discussion about resilience. Brad is a Licensed Marriage and Family counselor and fellow prostate cancer survivor. Resilience. Facing a Cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. However, many survivors show significant resilience. see 10 Things Cancer has Taught Me
11/9 – (Molly Sutton) – Carol Law, PT, DPT,CLT, CertDN, Physical Therapist at UT Southwestern
“Pelvic Health for Prostate Cancer Patients”
Dr. Carol Law is a graduate of both Texas Woman’s University and the University of Mississippi Medical Center. She has completed APTA CAPP-Pelvic and OB credentialing as well as several Herman and Wallace courses prior to the offering of pelvic credentialing. Her practice includes both women and men involving all aspects of pelvic health and dysfunction, pregnancy and post-partum.
9/14 – (Angie Clark) – Parker Read, Genetic Counselor at UT Southwestern
“Genetic Counseling for Hereditary Prostate Cancer,
What it Could Mean for You and Your Family”
Parker Read is a board certified genetic counselor specializing in hereditary predisposition syndromes. He counsels individuals about their risk for a hereditary cancer predisposition, coordinates genetic testing for at-risk individuals and helps interpret genetic test results that can inform medical management decisions.
8/10 – (Tom Dillon) – Fiona White, Australia.
Fiona and her husband Alan formed http://www.Theprostatezone.com in 2015 – an informational site for men facing or dealing with prostate cancer and their caregivers. Fiona’s presentation focused on the role and relationship of the caregivers with respect to their patients.